Great Job MEB!!!
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to the MEB for earning a First Division at this year's UIL contest. It was a great performance and the directors are very proud of all students. For the next 3 weeks we will have morning rehearsals on Thursday and Friday only. Attendance is very important at these rehearsals if we are going to perform our show at the game. If there is a significant number of absences on these days we will not be able to perform the show. Please help us get the students to practice. They deserve the time off on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but we still have an obligation to perform at the high level we exhibited this past Saturday. Thank you.
MEB Home Game Procedures
We will follow this procedure for all Home Games: (uniform requirements will change)
- Students will meet in auditorium at 4:40 pm in Uniform. This Friday it will be band shirt, khaki shorts and tennis shoes.
- We will rehearse from 4:40 – 6:00 pm. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE READY TO REHEARSE AT 4:40!!!! ANY ABSENCE FROM THIS REHEARSAL MUST BE APPROVED BY MR. SALAZAR.
- Students will need to bring a lunch to eat before the game. We will offer a Chik-Fil-a meal for $3. Sandwich/chips/bottle of water.
Students must pay for this by Thursday. UIL prohibits us from paying for a meal at home games. This is optional. Students can bring their own meal if they wish.
- Students will not be allowed to go to the concession stands at Home games. The lines are too long and often times it takes the entire 2nd half of the game to get through all 185 student
- Concession privileges at Away games will be determined by the stadium we are at and the service we are given. However, at away games all students will be fed a meal paid for by the district or band boosters before loading the buses. This meal should suffice until we arrive back home. If concession time is given, it will be more as a reward for having a great week of rehearsals.
- THERE IS TO BE NO FOOD/CANDY CONSUMPTION IN THE STANDS WHILE WE ARE AT THE GAME UNLESS APPROVED BY THE BAND DIRECTORS. PARENTS, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BRING FOOD TO YOUR CHILD FOLLOWING THE HALFTIME PERFORMANCE. THEY WILL RECEIVE A BOTTLE OF WATER AS THEY COME BACK INTO THE STANDS.
These policies are in place in order for us to do the things we are meant to do at the highest possible standard.
Thank you for your understanding.
Don't miss this!
Show your support for the MEB
The Band Boosters are selling Mighty Eagle Band Yard signs. You can order these signs for $10 by simply filling out and submitting the form.
Check it out